Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve

I can't believe it's Christmas Eve. I feel like it should be only September. I know adults always said that time sped up as you grew older, but really, this is ridiculous!

We've completed one Christmas...only three more to go. Christmas for us will end on Dec. 28 after we meet my father and stepmother. The joys of having 4 sets of parents!

I feel a little down today, but I'm trying to get over it. I haven't been able to relax as much as I would like, and I think that has contributed to my mood. Plus, my lower back pain is still present--though not as bad--and it's a constant reminder of our situation. I want to rip out my right ovary and tube and hopefully bring an end to the physical pain I feel, but I doubt that can happen until after our surrogacy journey ends one way or the other. And since we aren't exactly sure when we'll be able to start cycling, it means I'll be dealing with the pain for a while. I never understood how people dealing with chronic pain could be sometimes depressed, but I do now. It's awful. And it definitely affects my mood. It IS getting better, though, so I'm hoping it fades completely in the next few days. At least it's now manageable with a couple of Advil. Thanks, endo!

Husband and I get to spend Christmas Eve together in our house, and that is so great. I'm roasting a turkey, and we'll have various sides. And later we'll go to midnight mass. I think it will be a special night.

Off to bake and cook. I hope you all have a very good Christmas.

No comments: