Friday, December 12, 2008

Congrats to N!

I am so happy to be able to post that fellow IM N's surrogate gave birth to her twins on Monday. N and I met on another fertility board over a year ago and cycled together and experienced cycle failure together. Like me, she's an endo sufferer. I let my subscription lapse, and we fell out of touch. A few months later, a mutual friend emailed me and told me that N had decided to pursue surrogacy as well and gave me her email address. We started emailing, and it was such a great day last spring when I emailed her and found out that she was having twins via surrogacy. Her success helped me believe that surrogacy could work for us as well and that maybe it would be the answer to our prayers.

So, N, congratulations on the birth of your babies!

4 comments:

Nadine said...

The hope goes on, it's funny here we all are, your now expecting a baby, N just welcomed hers into the world, and we're all endo sufferers, you both give me so much hope, and I hope that someday I can share the hope....

Mary said...

Aww. That's wonderful. I'm a fellow UU'er and that gives me so much hope:) Thank you for sharing.

N said...

Thank you so much! I'm just now getting caught up on my blog reading, and was honored to see this post. :) I can't wait to see your big announcement...it might seem far away, but it definitely isn't! And then you will be reading blogs at 4 am like I am right now because you can't go back to sleep after the last feeding. :)

Carrie Jo said...

Elizabeth,

I just read your WHOLE blog (it was a lot of reading for one day!). You have certainly been through a lot to get to surrogacy. I have to admit that reading all of your frustrations with friends was a relief as most of the people in my life have basically told me to "suck it up" and deal with other people's babies when I knew I couldn't. I felt vinidicated to know that I wasn't the only IF woman on the planet to feel like self-preservation meant not wanting to see other people's babies.

I really appreciated your post on my blog as well. It helped to have my feeling validated (sorry for the psycho-speak).

Congrats on making it to the second trimester (I am counting down the hours until I get there)...and to N as well.

BTW, I know this was a very random place for this comment, but I wanted to respond and thought this was where you were most likely to see it.