Wednesday, May 20, 2009

38 Weeks ... and Baby?

Today is 38 weeks, and I thought it would be nothing more than the day I made a big star on my calendar and kept my phone with me obsessively. It has turned out to be a much more interesting day. F texted me this morning and told me that she was having some contractions that were stronger than Braxton Hicks but weren't coming consistently; she would call me if they did. I somewhat calmly called Husband and told him to make sure that he had the carseat with him today.

I kept a death grip on my phone all day,and F called me at 3 to tell me that the nurse wanted her to come to the OB's office at 4:30. While the contractions still aren't regular, she is having 4-6 an hour and they are strong. She's feeling a lot of pressure and just hot all over.

Needless to say, I am (calmly, quietly) freaking out. There has been a surreal element to our journey all along, and this morning I had convinced myself that the baby wouldn't arrive until next week. Or heck, maybe he would defy us all and be late. My bag isn't packed. I have baby things in the dryer. House is still somewhat of a wreck.

But at the same time, I am ready. Maybe today is an auspicious day.

I'll keep you posted! Who knows, maybe I'll be home watching tv later on LOL.

5 comments:

Angi said...

Wow! I got chills reading your post!! I know you are welcoming your little one very soon :-) Don't worry, everything will fall into place!!! I can't wait to hear the update. I will be FB stalking you - ha! Oh, and I love the nursery!

Carrie Jo said...

The nursery is beautiful, and I will certainly be stalking your blog to find out how the night goes. Whether your son arrives tonight or not, try to keep breathing! He'll be here when he's ready...and you'll manage to get yourself together quicker than I bet you'd imagine.

FET Accompli said...

What a perfect little nursery. It is beautiful. It made me cry a bit because it looks so idyllic.

Wewurtskihit said...

Beautiful nursery!!!!

Welcome to impending parenthood. You never know when the kids decided its time.

Soon, VERY soon though!! Cant wait to see pix and her the story and welcome you to our wonderful club -SurroParentsnotsoanonymous..hehe

Sarah Andrews said...

Look at your nursery! IT"S GORGEOUS! The crib is to die for and the flooring - all I can say is good work!

I so remember the craziness of the wait. Life is going to be changing very very sooN!