Monday, April 28, 2008

Greetings from Florida!

Just a quick post to let you all know that I haven't curled up into a little ball as I wait for April to end :)

I'm in Florida this week for a work conference. My coworker and I arrived on Saturday after two very-delayed flights. The conference is ok (the food is GREAT!), but it's a little lonely b/c while there are many from my organization here, only one or two of them are close coworkers. I'm also not used to being away from home and wine costs around $9/glass! But, again, I'm in Florida, and some of the sessions are good.

I'm a little nervous because tomorrow morning is the awards ceremony, and I am my organization's nominee for Unsung Hero of the Year. It's silly, but I know I'm unlikely to win, and that embarrasses me. I have to sit at a special table, and I hate being under a spotlight like that, which is actually odd since I happily and enthusiastically did theater in high school and college. I know my organization won't care if I don't win, but I'm afraid this is the only thing I'll ever be nominated for by them...my one chance so-to-speak. Oh well. It will all be over by 10 am. So think of me between 9:30 and 10:00.

And on top of everything else, I can't even relax fully because my final projects of the semester are due on Friday and try as I might, I could not get them finished up before the conference. So I've been spending all my spare time doing homework. Which I should be doing now...

Have a good week!

5 comments:

JJ said...

I hope you win--I have no doubt you deserve it! Let us know=) Enjoy those $9 glasses of wine. Will you be back by this weekend?

Samantha said...

Enjoy your Florida trip and hope you win the award!

kate said...

Nine dollars a glass? That's highway robbery!

Good luck with your award. I'm thinking of you as requested! (it's 9:43 am)

JW Moxie said...

How did it go? :)

sara said...

I'm late posting...how did everything go? I hope you ger to eat some yummy food in the meantime!