Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Milestone

We had our third and final beta today, and the number came back at 1892!!! Our u/s is Oct. 27 at 10am. Thank you all so much for your enthusiasm, excitement and good wishes! This is all still so unbelievable!

This is how we celebrated on Saturday.
Husband is a fan of Remy Martin XO cognac. He has been working on this bottle for years and a few years ago reached the point where there was just enough for a snifter or two left. He couldn't bring himself to finish it and buy a new bottle when so much was going so wrong. We promised each other that we'd finish it when we had some good news. Well, after the phone call on Saturday, he went straight to the bar, brought out the Remy and we finished it up. Cognac at 1:30pm tastes great! I haven't cried yet, but when I saw that bottle, I almost did because of what it signified.

So here is to reaching the milestone of having the u/s scheduled!

17 comments:

Sanda said...

CONGRATS!! Definitely a good way to celebrate! You might not have cried yet, but I warn you the ultrasound will be a whole other story - I cried and I mean, I REALLY cried (the happy kind of course though you can't really distinguish between the two with me) when there were heartbeats - it made it SO real. I hope 10/27 gets here really quickly and you have a really good happy cry! :)

JJ said...

Another congrats! And what a way to celebrate=) Enjoy celebrating each milestone!

Nadine said...

I'm so happy for you!!!! I can't wait to read about the ultra sound - you give me hope.

Two Shorten the Road said...

Excellent news!

Sue said...

Yay for another great beta! I'm so happy for you and your husband.

Samantha said...

I'm so glad you've reached this milestone - I hope you enjoyed that cognac!

kate said...

Woot, woot! Yay for another awesome beta! Amazing, wonderful, exciting- how lovely to get to feel those emotions finally!

admin said...

Congrats!! Such awesome news!!

annacyclopedia said...

Fantastic news! Congratulations - and fine cognac is a wonderful way to celebrate.

Anonymous said...

Congrats, congrats, congrats!

E. Phantzi said...

came over from LFCA - congratulations!!!

Caba said...

Congrats!!! Wonderful wonderful news!!

niobe said...

I'm still smiling for you. Yay for the next milestone!

sara said...

Yes! Celebrate every great moment - you deserve all the cognac, smiles, and high fives you can squueze in! ((hugs))

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

Here from the Lost and Found...

Congrats! Best of luck with everything.

admin said...

Here from Sara's blog to say congrats! What wonderful news and a great way to celebrate!
Meredith

In Search of Morning Sickness said...

This is SUCH good news!!!!!!!! I am beyond thrilled to hear about this!!! Congrats on these lovely betas. It's about time you guys had something to celebrate about!!!