Thursday, December 13, 2007

Counting Down

Not counting today, I have 4 more working days for 2007. I cannot wait until Wednesday at 5pm when I stroll out the door and not come back until 2008. One of the perks of working at a university is that they give lots of time off during the holidays. My university has started closing to save energy, so we are pretty much forced to be off. Darn. What a sacrifice. I'm taking an extra two days in order to relax and do nothing before the holiday rush begins. Husband and I have 4 sets of parents between us, so the holidays can become very hectic as we try to schedule everyone.

In decorating news, the tree is up. My cats are so fascinated with it. It's adorable. They even sleep under it, and I'm hoping to stage a cute picture that can become our Christmas card next year. I still have a few more decorating odds and ends to do as well as Christmas cards, but after that is done, I'm finished.

I'm in an odd mood. Sometimes I feel really excited about the holidays and other times I wonder what I have to look forward to and feel like I'm going through the motions. Sometimes I feel like I'm forcing myself to do all that I am doing. I think that's ok. This time of year can be a rollercoaster emotionally for everyone, so I suppose it's normal to feel this way. Normal. Ha ha. That's something I haven't felt in a while. I think I'll be able to fully embrace the holiday spirit once I'm on vacation. Work has been a bit stressful lately, and I think that's contributing.

I'm going to a work baby shower today. It's the first baby shower I've attended in 2 years. I stared long and hard at the invitation when it arrived, but the mother-to-be is a good work friend, and I guess attending doesn't bother me as much as it would if it were outside of work.

I heard from our potential surrogate today. She is recovering well from the birth and reassured me that she cannot wait to do it again. That was just the email I needed!

2 comments:

A'Dell said...

I'm so happy to hear that you heard from your potential surrogate! That must be so nice - just being in touch with her and knowing that she is enthusiastic to get going again.

Me said...

My cats have destroyed my tree lol. I put bricks around the bottom to stop them toppling it over, but they've still pulled decorations & branches off.

Great news about your potential surrogate!