Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Back to work

Today is my first day back to work since Dec. 19. Humph. Why oh why can't I win the lottery and be rid of the need to work? Husband and I have stayed up really late recently, resulting in my being unable to go to sleep at a decent hour last night, and 5 am came too soon. I'm pretty tired today. Hopefully I'll go to bed early tonight so that I'm not so wiped tomorrow. I keep telling myself that it's a short week and to try to get through it.

I think my anxiety has lessened somewhat now that 2008 has arrived and that I am back to work. I hate January though. Am I the only one who greets a new year with pessimism? I feel like I should (ah, the magic "should") feel hopeful and new, but all I see is a long span of time with nothing to look forward to and no significant event or holiday breaking up the monotony. That's why I'm taking two grad courses this spring. Well, to break up the monotony as well as to try to make some progress on my graduate program. I'm almost halfway done. Right now the only thing I'm looking forward to is our annual beach trip in June. JUNE! That's freaking 6 months away! I've got to do better than that.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

I always feel a mixture of pessimism and optimism around this time of year. In some ways I'm glad to get back to a schedule and routine, in other ways I'm sorry about it!