Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Antsy

It sucks being back at work after a 4-day weekend. Sigh. At least it's Tuesday though. And, I looked at my calendar and realized that I have no meetings this week! Score! I do have to go to Greensboro on Friday, but that's ok. That makes the week seem even shorter, which is never a bad thing.

Husband and I had a great weekend. We slept late. I read 3 books. We ate junk. We caught up on shows saved in our DVR. We even made more progress in our ongoing quest to clean our garage. And what a beautiful weekend! Our neighbors have put bird houses and feeders throughout their back yard, and as a result, we have birds everywhere in ours. It was so nice sitting on our porch yesterday watching the birds. For the first time, I could understand how people become bird watchers.

I'm feeling pretty antsy, though. I'm hoping to receive the next draft of our contract this week. We've had some delays getting the attorney the final set of changes. Husband gave her one set last week. Then he emailed her the last part which she apparently did not get. He tried to call her on Friday but she was in court, and of course yesterday was Memorial Day. Argh! I'm feeling antsy because 1) our surrogate has now completed the three-cycle requirement by the clinic and 2) there has been quite a lot of success for some of my fellow Intended Parents lately, and that makes me want to start cycling NOW.

I'm also antsy because I had been looking forward to Memorial Day for so long, and now that it has passed, I don't have anything to look forward to except for cycling, and since I don't know when that will be, I'm frustrated. However, we finally decided to take control of our situation and are going to plan a beach trip for after my summer school class ends (if it isn't cancelled, another source of uncertainty). I felt like everything would resolve around our unknown cycling schedule, but at this point I doubt we will be cycling until late July at the earliest and also at this point, what's another week? I feel good about this decision. Hopefully all the hotels won't be booked for July.

My pg friend A, the one who is pretty much living out my high school fantasy by marrying my high school guy, mentioned the word "shower" to me over the weekend. Every time I hear from her, it unsettles me. I finally replied today, telling her that I would try to come, but that showers are hard for me. I also laid out the hard time I am having with her pregnancy and its suddenness. In nicer terms of course. She lives out of state, and we don't talk as frequently as I do with my geographically closer friends, so I don't think she's as aware of what dealing with IF has been like for me. I'm still having trouble comprehending that she's married to my high school guy and pregnant by him when 6 months ago she was lamenting her broken engagement to her ex-fiance. But I'll get over it eventually. It's just a doubly or triply weird situation for me with a lot of baggage.

5 comments:

sara said...

I'm glad you had a great weekend. I hope the contract gets worked out soon, I can't believe June is this week and July is just after that! I hope the time in the meantime flies fast for you. But limbo land sucks, and I'm sorry. I hope you get some definite news soon. Having cool birds around sounds fun, maybe I should do that since I'm home more these days...you just gave me a new idea, thanks!

JW Moxie said...

Does your clinic require that the contract is fully complete and signed before you start cycling? In each of my matches, my IPs and I had all of the contract terms completely agreed on ahead of time, but just had to wait around for the attorneys to get it all in writing. We had to send the contracts back for just one revision. While contracts were being done, we were busy with getting things in gear for cycling with our clinic. I've worked with three different clinics, and each only required that the contract was signed by the time we got to transfer. It surely saved us a lot of time.

At any rate, things are surely moving forward for you! I know how agonizing "hurry up and wait" is. I just hope that you won't have to wait much longer!

kate said...

I totally hear you on the suckiness of being back at work after a long weekend. We had a pretty good weekend too, and did our fair share of puttering around out of doors, too.

As far as your friend, A, I think that the only path you can take at this point is just to wait out the weirdness. 'Cos, I mean, that is just a really sudden and bizarre situation for you to have to come to terms with, and she should be understanding of the time that it might take you to process the whole situation.

Two Shorten the Road said...

I rolled into work at 10am this morning -- it was so hard to go back! I had been looking forward to Memorial Day weekend too, just like you. :) Today I mailed our final payment for our beach vacation in July, so that's my next thing to look forward to -- you should totally book a beach vacay. Good luck with the contract. I hope it is finalized very soon.

BTW, I think you should just come up with some excuse for not attending A's shower. You don't need to be a martyr for this one -- it would be too weird IMO.

Samantha said...

A week without meetings! I don't know when I last had that.

Hope the contract comes soon!